• question-icon

What causes avascular necrosis?

Hi Sir, My age was 31,I am suffering from Avascular necrosis bilateral femoral head from last two months. Place of my body hip.What is the reason of this problem and how it will cure totally,Can you give suggestions for treatment and hospital informations. Thank you Kiran Goud 0000.
Wed, 21 Oct 2015
Hi Kiran.

Causes for avascular necrosis are many, but the main gist of the cause is a circulatory abnormality. Most common is fracture around the neck of the femur. Treatment depends on the extent of necrosis, in most cases requiring removal of the femoral head and replacement with prosthesis.

Best wishes.