• question-icon

What causes avascular necrosis of the hip?

Hi my left hip is hurting. I am 28year old male. Doctors told me i have TB of the hip. Surgery was done for hip infection. No infection found. Now I read about avascular necrosis. What is the difference between them? And Can both diagnosis be cured with stem cell? Thanks
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
Hello. Tuberculosis is infection and avascular necrosis is death of a part of hip bone. They are different but avascular necrosis can occur as a result of infection and after any surgery of hip. So u have to go through proper examination and investigations.MRI is excellent investigation for seeing into this. And definitely you have to see orthopedic surgeon again. Because this is a serious disease. Hope that answer the question. Thanks