What causes arthritis?

Hi. My mother is 68 yearls old and just had her blood work done because she seems to have an infection. Her MCH is 25.1, MCHC is 32.6, RDW 15.9 and MPV is 11.8. Everything else is normal. She suffers from arthritis. Please guide as to what could be causing this
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The values that you just posted do not indicate an infection. They also are not significant if taken alone of hemoglobin and hematocrit. So if your mother has normal hemoglobin and hematocrit, you should not worry about the values that you posted above at all. Just double check the complete blood count in few months and most probably you will see that those values are within normal limits.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Kind regards,
Dr. Papaqako