What causes an effervescent taste in the mouth?

I've been tasting an effervescent taste in my saliva when I chew. Its like carbonation from soda pop in a sense. Not on any medications besides blood pressure medicine that I've taken for a few years. Once in awhile I'll use ibuprofen or aleve for pain. That's all .. Thank you.
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Effervescent taste in mouth can be due to infection in mouth and throat while at time salivary gland infection can also be a cause.
Also high sugar levels can be a cause.
It can also be due to nerve related problems.
So it is advisable to once consult an oral physician and get evaluated.
For now chew sugar free chewing gum and gargle with antiseptic mouthwash.
Drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.