What causes an eating disorder?

Hi, I believe I have a eating disorder. I could go days with just eating barely a snack. I’ll go all day without really eating anything and sometimes binge at night or barely eat anything. I’ve been told I’m malnourished and to drink stuff like ensure but I don’t really do that anymore because when I drink it at night it gives me indigestion and I can’t sleep. Sometimes I’ll very really finish a whole plate of food but my stomach is still rumbling but I’m not exactly hungry. I weigh around 105 now and I’m 5’5. What do you think is wrong?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You have trained your body not to focus on food and get indulge with other things the person who can help you in this is you, yourself. Make small changes, make list of food that you like, pack these in small quantities and try to keep these near your working place which gives an alarm to eat start enjoying food. Think if you enjoy your food you don't require medicine, you will surely adjust with these steps don't eat alone join with colleague or some friend for your lunch or dinner.

Ssulthana82