What causes abscess in armpit?

Hello. my name is Mary. I have two abscess on my armpit. I went to the ER on the 15th. they gave me two antibiotics. one oral and one to rub on, the abscess are not that big. , it don't seem like they are getting bigger or smaller, im still in lots of pain, my question is how long does it take for the medicine to start to work?
Fri, 21 Feb 2014
Hi. The medicines start to work immediately. The abscess in the armpit is caused by blockage of the ducts of sweat glands. You need an additional medicine for reducing the swelling and pain thereby.
It may take a few more days for the abscess either to open up or get resolved.. Please continue with both antibiotics.