What causes abnormal hand movements in an infant?

I have an 8 month old granddaughter who by all observations is a normal, healthy, happy child. However, she has a peculiar way of moving her arms and hands. She holds her arms out straight from her body to each side and twists her hands / wrists, almost like she is gunning the engine if a motorcycle. She does it when she is smiling and laughing, as well as when she is fussy or crying. I hear a lot about the Autism Spectrum. Is there reason for concern, and what type of doctor should we suggest that her parents take her to?
Wed, 12 Jun 2019
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

A good pediatric neurologist will be able to help you. Mostly its nothing but still I would like to err on the safe side.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Harshita, Ophthalmologist