What causes abdominal pain on the left side?

A few days ago I was just walking and got a cramping pain in left abdomen. Almost drove me to the ground. Lasted a seconds. Several hours later I had emesis that was more like mucous. Things calmed down...left abdomen hurts only if I put pressure on it. Bowel sounds in all quads..bowel movement normal.
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* There can be various possible reasons for the similar pain as - kidney or ureter stone - intestine inflammation as diverticulitis or others.
* In our clinic, I recommend a thorough case evaluation with history, physical examination and relevant work up with CT scan abdomen & pelvis for the final diagnosis and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.