What causes abdominal distention and abdominal bloating?

I am a 56 year old male and relatively good health, I am 5 foot 7 inches tall, I weigh about a hundred and seventy-five pounds. Since I quit Smoking about 2 yearS ago, I gained about 15 to 20 pounds. When I do a belly pinch I only get about an inch or so of fat betWeen my fingers, but my stomach seems distended and tight. I get feeling pretty full easily after a small meal. And my bowel movements are regular. What do you think it might be? Robert
Mon, 11 Feb 2019

It could be gastritis.

As first-line management, you can take drugs like paracetamol for symptomatic relief.

If symptoms persist you can consult a physician and get evaluated.

You can go for an ultrasound scan for further assessment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician