What causes a scar on the breast after plucking a hair?

Last year or maybe the year before I plucked a hair on my breast. It was very painful and ever since I’ve had what might be a scar. I thought not much of it until my stepmother got breast cancer. Now I’m paranoid even though it’s minor pains, some from work, and I don’t know whether to get an ultra sound or a dermatologist. Please help I’m scared.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If the scar has erupted post hair plucking, then its most likely that the area developed into an infected boil and later a scar. Unless your stepmother belongs to your blood lineage, there shouldn't be much worry about familial breast cancer. None the less, if it is still bothering you, I recommend you do an ultrasound of the breasts.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.