What causes a recurrent blister on the right thumb?

I have a recurring blister/boil/cyst on my right thumb between the nail and first knuckle. It comes and goes sometimes for weeks or even months. it will swell up and eventually pop from being bumped etc. has a clear liquid and sometime small amount of blood in it. it will then go away and return in the same place at a later date.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There may be a cyst in the area. A cyst is a sac that may form in any aspect of the body.

Once a cyst is present then it may recollect at times once the sac remains complete.

To prevent recurrence of a cyst, the sac itself needs to be removed.

This may be done by your general doctor, in some cases, in other cases a general surgeon may be needed.

I hope this helps