What causes a prolonged UTI after intercourse?

Hi doctor I just have sex with a prostitute I used condom but no sign of condom broken and yet I have been diagnosed with urine infraction I have been gave medicine the time being for the urine infection for 2 to 3 week after that the urine infection is clear but I think having feverish or maybe dehydration because my body internal feel hot and sometimes cold after 1month plus.the last hiv and STD test was on first week the results show negative should go another test and why one month plus I am still sick
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The condom does not make sure that you will not have a UTI after sex with a prostitute.

* Primary guidelines
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Cranberry pills on regular basis.
- Genital hygiene.
- Avoid further sex till recovery fully from UTI.
- Control of blood sugar.
- Antibiotic assistance according to the culture report of urine.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.