What causes a popping sound while moving neck to one side?

Hi a few days back I was in the gym doing my shoulder routine, once I finished my overhead barbel press. I realize that there is a popping sound coming every time I move my neck to my left. There is no pain or any other symptom accept a popping sound at a particular spot. Please advise
Wed, 24 Apr 2019

Only popping sound in the neck is not a concern usually unless it is accompanied by pain or limitation of movements. However, get X-rays or neck as a precaution and rule out any abnormality.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon