What causes a nerve behind the left eye to cause facial twitching?

I have a problem with the nerve behind my left eye which causes my face to contort and is very uncomfortable. I have been to a neurologist and they have sent me for botox shots under this eye. This helps somewhat but my eye still twitches and I don t know what to do. Have you heard of anything like this?
Thu, 23 Aug 2018

You may be suffering from facial twitch around the muscles of eye. It may be acute tic disorder or chronic motor tic disorder or tourette's syndrome. Following conditions may aggravate the problem like stress,excitement,fatigue,heat,stimulant medications,muscle or nerve problems. Treatment may be needed if the tics interfere with social interactions, schoolwork, or job performance. Treatment options can include:

Stress reduction programs,psychotherapy,behavioral therapy,dopamine blocker medications,medications to treat underlying conditions, such as ADHD and OCD. Botulinum toxin (Botox) injections to temporarily paralyze facial muscles. Recent studies have shown that deep brain stimulation may help treat Tourette’s syndrome. Deep brain stimulation is a surgical procedure that places electrodes in the brain. The electrodes send electrical impulses through the brain to restore the brain circuitry to more normal patterns. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.