What causes a lump on the tibia?

Hi there! I had acl recontruction knee surery performed in Dec 2009. They used a quad tendon graph doubled up with a LARS. I have been struggling with my knee since. during the last 4 months, i have developed a lump on my tibia which is where the screw is located. Today i noticed that at the tip of the lump, is has a white tip. The lump is sore to the touch. I do not know what to do... Help...
Thu, 30 Apr 2015
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
By your history and description, in my opinion you are having post operative joint abscess which is now coming out under skin.
Following are the points which favours this diagnosis.
1. History of arthroscopic surgery and not improving after surgery
2. Enlarging swelling which is painful on touch.
3. Overlying skin point is whitish (pus point).
So better to consult orthopedic doctor and get done
1. Clinical examination of knee joint
2. Ultrasound examination of local part
3. MRI of that knee joint.
You may need revision surgery.
So better to consult orthopedic doctor and discuss all these.