What causes a lump on the scalp?

I found a lump on my scalp; no discoloring, size of a dime, Hurts if i press on it, but otherwise not uncomfortable. 3 wks now. Today was soft enuf to pick out. White skin-like scabs thin layers. Just found a lunp on my chest wall (located where pectoralis muscles are). Ct Scan was normal, not a lymph node. Dont have dandruff. 66-yrs-old. Low platelets -- 100, hypoyhroid 5.7 Protein levels. Low Fibrogen. Low BP. Reactive Hypoglycemic. ??????
Thu, 22 Jan 2015
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. You have some benign cyst or skin adenexal tumor or soft tissue tumor. It has no relation with your other illness. You should go for fine needle aspiration cytology or biopsy of that lump.
Then you should take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.