What causes a UTI after alcohol consumption?

Hi I have noticed the last few times I ve been drinking the next day I will get a UTI. And now ll it takes is a few sips of alcohol and I can feel the uncomfortable urge to frequently pee. I have also tried different types of alcohol to see if thats what caused it but it doesn t matter. I don t understand why it happens.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Alcohol doesn't cause UTI infection but it can cause irritated bladder or interstitial cystitis.
The solution is to stop drinking.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.