What cause pain in lymph nodes while singing?

Hi, I am 16 year old male in a few days and my lymph nodes usually hurt after I sing. It is always typically the left lymph node. I take voice lessons. I know how to properly sing with technique. In the past two months, however, my singing voice feels as though it is hanging by a thread. It has gotten extremely scratchy. Everything I sing is raspy. I drink plenty of water and have even taken medications like Zyrtec, mucinex (I took these at different times), Flonase nasal spray, and I steam and drink herbal tea (non caffeinated). I have been scanned by an ENT doctor before and he said that the vocal chords had minor swelling and that it was most likely allergy and nothing to worry about. That was about 4 months ago. The scratchiness and husky raspy sound started around the middle of June. It is about the middle of August and I m still having these problems. The main reason for my concern is because when I was younger I had a brassy, clear, tone that was well supported and I never hurt. My voice has already gone through its major change. Only in the past year or so has my voice felt tired and worn out. I find singing songs as simple as choral pieces extremely difficult because i have a lack of control in my voice and it sounds breathy and pitchy. I don t scream or yell and I try to take good care of my voice. I really feel that my voice is wearing out which is not good considering I am only 16. What could be the cause of these issues? Blake.
Fri, 26 Dec 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Halo dear,
It could be due to vocal abuse which is common at your age. Moreover your voice is getting matured into adult voice, so tale care. Take steam inhalation consult a good speech therapist around. Usually lymph nodes don't have any relation with singing, forget about them. But if there is any swelling in neck for pretty good time, get it investigated. Hope I answered all your querries