Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

What can the painful pimple like thing on my vagina be ?

Hi. Just yesterday I noticed that I have a painful small spot outside the vagina area, it wasn t there before, it is sort of pimple feel and pains like a pimple. I have tried to squeeze it to ensure.. just in case if it was an ingrowing hair , but it isn t. Age: 26. What can it be? any suggestions? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 3 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  250
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Vagina will not contain hair follicles.
The pimple you mentioned could be due to some infection.
Bacterial or vaginal infections can lead to these type of lesions over the vagina.
As you are having pain due to the lesion, better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
Don't squeeze the lesion, as it can increase the severity of the problem.
By examination, the exact cause of the lesion can be identified and treatment can be taken accordingly.
Taking sitz bath can give some relief and help in spontaneous letting out of pus from the lesion.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 22 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor