Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What can i take for tinnitus other than Vertin 24 mg ?

Dear Doctor , (1) I had my first experience of hissing sound in my right ear last year in the month of September 2010. It was started almost sudden and continuous. After visiting an ENT specialist , he prescribed medicines which I took and the hissing sound has gone within two months. (2) Again in the month of May 2011, suddenly the hissing sound has started in the right ear and it is continuing till now. Sometimes it is very prominent and I am worried and in anxiety due to this persistent condition. Many a times in a day it is my experience that the hissing sound is so prominent and loud that I cannot hear anything through the right ear. It is very ridiculous and disturbing. Sometimes the sound is so loud that I cannot hear anything through the right ear. Doctor’s diagnosed the disease as `Tinnitus’. At present, I am taking only one medicine. Vertin 24 mg (two times a day) Awaiting your advice please. Partha
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  446
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic ,
actually this condition is chronic as most of the causes are unknown.I also have the problem for 8 years .In future you will be habituated to this condition.
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor