Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

145 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What can i do to get relief from anal fissure ?

hi, i have gone to the doctore about having blood in my stool, they said it was an anal fissure and i think it is too, i was prescribed a powder( laxative ) to soften the stool and a cream. a few months later and it still hurts like no other to pass a stool. i dread having to go to the bathrrom and want the pain to stop. what can i do to take the pain away when having to use the restroom. i ve tried vasaline before going and taking warm baths
Thu, 19 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
You can try a local anaesthetic gel like lignocaine for local application before passing stools.Increase fibre/greens in your diet.Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol.
Also seitz bath several times a day should reduce the swelling.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....