What can i do if i get a sudden high BP ?

Medicated, my bp is normally 130/75 to 140/63. Today it spiked to 198/105. Should I go to the ER ? I just began to take la six this morning.
Thu, 15 Sep 2011
Thanks for query,
If you measured your bp correctly it is more.Have you got any signs of having chest pain,discomfort,headache,dizzyness,then better go to ER and go for treatment.
Never try self medication.
Ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.While taking your antihypertensive medicines,specially when your BP is normal,if your BP shoots to such a level should always be explored and looked into.Must visit your doctor.Good luck.
rosa's  Response
May be your stress level has gone up. Anyway it is good to get evaluated.