What can consuming marijuana after medical abortion cause?

Hello, I had a medical abortion yesterday using Mifepristone. The nurse told me not to drink alcohol or smoke of any kind. However I was at a get together and I was given brownies that contained marijuana without my knowledge. I would like to know if my intake of marijuana will affect the pills effects. Thank you in advance.
Mon, 25 Jul 2016
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Taking marijuana after taking misoprostol can decrease the efficacy of the drug to cause abortion.
You should go to the nurse if you do not have bleeding within 24 hours of taking misoprostol, so that a repeat dose of misoprostol can be given.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN