What can cause shooting pain in legs?

I have a lot of pain mainly going down my right leg, but also some pain down the left leg. I m not sure if the pain is originating in my back or in my hip area. The MRI showed several degenerated discs, but the doctor did not see any nerves pinched. What could be the causes of the pain and how can I lessen it.
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The pain your described looks very likely be due to nerve pinched with the disks , the MRI is also suggestive of the same, the nest treatment for it is that you do some physiotherapy , this is best done by a physiotherapist who would advise you what exercises would help you. Besides you can also use some pain killer , and muscle relaxant. Most the times this improves with physiotherapy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.