What can cause rashes all over the body while on Metoprolol?

My 76 yr old father has dementia,diabetes,chf,light copd,asthma. In the last 4-6 weeks he has developed a rash/hives over his body. None of the doctors seem to know what is causing it. We have tried benadryl, hydroxzine, kenalog cream, and has had 3 cortisone shots in last 3 weeks. The shot stops itching for a day and a half maybe then it comes back. He has been taking metoprolol for about 18 to 20yrs, could he have developed a reaction suddenly?
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Rashes all over the body may be due to allergic dermatitis or rash due to obstructive jaundice or thrombocytopenia or viral or bacterial infection, etc. We have to treat the root cause. Do you think this is due to Metaprolol then keep on alternate antihypertensive drug orally then see.

Please apply moisturizing cream, use tablet Atarax twice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your physician/dermatologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shinas Hussain