What can cause pain in the knuckles and little finger while suffering from Dupuytren's contracture?

I have been diagnosed with Dupuytren s contracture about 2 years ago. It appears after trigger finger surgery. I am not progressing very fast and my hand doctor is not worried as long as I can lay my hand flat on a table. No problem at all with that. I don t have pain, but lately my knuckles have been hurting and have small bump like bumps on the knuckles. Also my ring and little finger cause pain when I fully close my hand. I wear a brace at night to keep things straight, but in the morning I can t wrap anything for a few hours because of the pain from closing my hand. I have an appointment next week to see whats going on. It s all I m my left hand (dominate hand) and I have been playing pain for over 55 years and still play about 6 hours per week at church. Does not effect me at all - thus far. any ideas???? I feel like I am loosing preciseness in my hands too - I can t do many precise activities like holing small things - or writing as well as I use to.
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

Pain on flexing the fingers, like in making a fist puts pressure on contractures (which are fibrosed - thickened tissues) in the hand since the tissues have lost normal elasticity.

Bumps on the knuckles are normally nor seen in Dupuytren's Contracture normally - for this I would suggest re consult your doctor. Dupuytren's contracture is a slow progressive disease and may take years for manifestation. In the meantime you can start anti inflammatory medicines for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Gopal Goel, Orthopedic Surgeon