What can cause obstructive sleep apnea like symptoms at night while on antacids and allergy medication?

yes. I take over the counter acid reducer / prevecid and daily allergy medicine/ zyertec and have experienced waking up in the middle of the night gasping for air but each breath feels like I am breathing in pure acidic oxygen. I have spoken with several ppl lately who indicated that their husbands died in their sleep from this. Can you tell me what it is and how to combat it.
Wed, 26 Sep 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response

There are multiple causes for this, but importantly we need to rule out cardiac cause in you considering your symptoms. However, such things may be seen with acid reflux in lungs.
So you should habe ecg, echo done. If reflux is still persistent then get medicines optimized for it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.