What can cause itchy feeling around the groin area?

Hi doc. I m 19 years old and sexually active. I have an itching around my upper groin, but not my penis, with tiny white circles. It s mostly under my pubic hair. I ve had it for 3 days, and I fear it may get worse. What is this, and what should I do?
Tue, 30 Jun 2020
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

As per your query you have itchy feeling around the groin area which seems to be due to contact dermatitis and you are being exposed and re exposed to the allergen.

I would suggest you to take proper course of antihistamine drug along with short course of oral corticosteroids after proper prescription. Wash area with body wash containing salicylic acid twice a day and apply cream containing azelaic acid.

Wear loose cotton clothes. If condition doesn't get better in a month then consult dermatologist again for proper diagnosis and to rule out any underlying condition. Doctor may prescribe isotretinoin, steroid ointment or antibiotics course.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari