What can cause frequent urge to defecate?

I have a question about bowel movements.
I don't have constipation or loose bowels - but I do feel like I have to have bowel movements several times a day. I normally have at least two movements daily but most days I feel like I need to have more than that. Many times I am not able to?
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

At the very outset I would like to tell you that your problem is not that serious, but it may be due to irritable bowel syndrome. Your food habits and stress levels do affect this situation. I would like to know the duration of your symptoms.

If it is chronic and very irritating just take antacids and consult gastroenterologist for further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Aruna Kurukundu