What can cause fever along with swollen bumps in the throat?

My 7yr old and 5yr old sons started having a fever 3days ago, there throats became swollen yesterday and today they have bumps all over some are filled with puss what could this be?
Fri, 31 Aug 2018

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but please send a photo to be able to help you with a better diagnosis.. however, this could be due to a viral infection such as herpes or a bacterial infection such as strep.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.