What can cause extreme intolerance to cold?

I have an extreme intolerance to cold. In the winter my toes are so cold I have to wear very heavy wool socks and my fingers always seem cold even with gloves on. I still get chilly in the summer nights sitting outside even though the weather may be warm. Air conditioning is okay as long as I am not sitting under a vent or anything blowing on my. I do not like any air blowing especially on my neck. I sleep with a sheet, blanket and a light comforter with AC on. What s my problem?? email - YYYY@YYYY
Tue, 4 Sep 2018

Mostly, cold intolerance is caused by hypothyroidism, which is like low levels of thyroid hormones.

I would suggest to check for TSH levels, which if comes out elevated, then proceed with free T3 and T4 levels.

Rarely, Raynaud's phenomenon can also present as cold intolerance, but usually it is characterized by yellow/bluish discoloration of finger tips. But I would suggest to rule out hypothyroidism first by doing TSH levels.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.