What can cause excessive burping after removal of the appendix?

Hello. My granddaughter who is 14 had her appendix out in March of this year. Ever since she burps a lot, and I mean a lot. She never burped before she got her appendix removed. We asked the surgeon and her regular pediatrician and we are not getting any reasons for why this is happening nor any solutions. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Wed, 5 Sep 2018

Post surgery bowels movements may be less so in that time formed gas may accumulate causing bloating and burping. The antibiotics that used during appendisectomy may lead altered bowel flora lead to over growth of gas forming organisms lead to burping.

Give lactose or gluten contain food after surgery in lactose or gluten intolerance patients may lead to burping and bloating. So use probiotics twice a day for five days. Use tablet Simethicone twice a day for five days.Give soft diet with plenty of liquids. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu