What can cause cold sensation and soreness in the ankle?

For about 2 weeks my Achilles tendon was hurting when I walked. After walking a while it would go away. Well the other day I woke up and no more pain, I thought that it had fixed itself. Today I am getting a cold sensation in my ankle and slight soreness. Not sure what is going on.
Wed, 5 Sep 2018

It can be due to minor contusions or ligament sprain.

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac for symptomatic relief.

Apply ice packs and if symptoms persist, better to consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.