What can cause an empty gestational sac?

Hello doctor my name is sheethal... I got to know yesterday that i am pregnant with checking at home immediately i went to doctor and while scanning no sac found.. What can be the possibility And also during. Last week i had consumed anchohol as well as ipil will it effect my baby? Please advise should i go for this baby? Doctor asked me to repaat scanning after a weel to check the sac
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You may have false positive pregnancy test if it was done with contaminated urine or container. Pregnancy can be chemical(where pregnancy hormones are present but no formation of fetus) called as bloated ovum. It automatically gets aborted over the time /I-pill will cause it or needs to be removed surgically . Pregnancy sac is seen at 5 weeks gestation.You may see it after one more week. But even if it is not seen you should get rid of it as you have taken I-pill. It is liable to cause abnormalities in fetus.

Thank You!