What can cause abdominal pain, chills and vomiting while suffering from a gallstone?

on 9/10 I found out I had a 1.5 cm gallstone. this is just for info. Starting Saturday evening I started having severe abdominal pain, vomited. shivers, and temp. Temp ranged over weekend from 99.6-102. Went to dr. on Monday and received medication for nausea and to relieve crampy pain in abdomen. I am on second day of medication. Still low grade fever 99-100, nausea has eased pain is lighter but still noticeable. I am 67. I have a follow-up next week with dr
Thu, 5 Sep 2019

Your abdominal pain with fever and nausea could be due to gall bladder inflammation or intestine inflammation. If your pain not located in right upper quadrant than intestine inflammation enteritis could be possible. You can be given paracetamol for relief from pain and fever.

For nausea Domperidone and Rabeprazole combination medicine can be prescribed for one week. Take soft and Bland diet. Drink lots of water to maintain hydration. If no improvement than USG abdomen scan should be done for further work up.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician