What can cause a painful pulling sensation on the right side of the abdomen after removal of a gallbladder cyst?

I had a liver cyst adjacent to my gallbladder. The cyst was deroofed and the gallbladder removed. I have 5 small incisions. My surgery was 9/15/2017. I am having a pinching and painful pulling when I move in certain ways and a pain in my right side that is getting worse with time
Fri, 6 Sep 2019

This looks to me like so-called postcholecystectomy syndrome which has all these symptoms and this occurs in about 10 percent of patients who undergo cholecystectomy, usually can be transient, and rarely persistent or lifelong.

Symptoms include systemic symptoms such as sweating and heat sense but also dyspepsia, nausea, and vomiting, flatulence, bloating, and diarrhea, Persistent pain in the upper right abdomen.

Some individuals may benefit from diet modification, such as a reduced-fat diet, following cholecystectomy since it may be more difficult for digestion of fatty foods.

Postcholecystectomy syndrome treatment depends on the identified violations that led to it.

Typically, the patient is recommended dietary restriction table with fatty foods, enzyme preparations, antispasmodics, sometimes oral ursodeoxycholic acid can alleviate the condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Iven Romic Rommstein, General Surgeon