Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

What can be the reason for mouth getting stuck when I open it wide and weakness throughout the body ?

I 21 year old male. When i open my mouth widely it strucks there and cant coming back for some seconds and there i am feeling hard. The same case with legs and back. I cant able to rotate my neck completely. After some rotation i feel pain. I feel shock type sensations on head . I am feeling vertigo as movement is observed when i am walking and even at rest also. I cant able to stand or sit on height places. I am feeling weakness throughout body. When i fold hand also i feel pain. The same case at all joints . When i turn my head up after that suddenly i am feeling falling when i look down. My serum calcium is 8.7mg% and haemoglobin is 10.1gms%.What this be?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Sep 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You could be having TM joint arthritis which is causing the difficulty in closing the jaw. The other joints you mentioned have restriction of movement which could point to arthritis. Since your blood calcium is very low it could indicate osteomalacia where there is less calcium in your bones making them soft and fragile. Weakness will also be a feature. The vertigo could be attributed to neck spine arthritis. This all indicates arthritis and bone damage throughout your skeleton. You need to get few more tests to confirm the cause. Your haemoglobin is very low indicating weakness, there may also be iron and/or Vitamin B12 deficiency and Folic acid deficiency which can be attributed to giddiness and the shooting pain in nerves. Kindly get a thorough checkup by a Neurosurgeon to make sure no compression of the spine and spinal nerves. Eat diet rich in proteins, calcium like pulses, eggs, chicken, lean meat, fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. You need to be ruled out for Ankylosing spondylitis and Rheumatoid arthritis as well by your Doctor. Treatment will be given according to the cause of the problem. Take Paracetamol/NSAIDs under medical supervision for your joint pains and stiffness.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor