What can be the reason for excessive hair growth over all the parts of my body ?

Hi Doctor, I am a 21 year old Asian female and have been having problems with excessive hair growth for over 5 years. I have excessive hair growth over my upper and lower abdomen , breasts and back however the hair is not coarse. It is fine hairs that varies in length but is about 1cm in length along the midline of my upper and lower abdomen. I also have a lot of coarser hair growth over my forearms. I am otherwise very healthy. My periods are regular and occurs roughly every 35 days. I am 1.67cm tall and 55kgs so BMI is normal. I have been investigated for PCOS and the general practitioner said I did not have it. The ultrasound of my ovaries were normal, lab results: normal FSH 7.5 and LH 14.4, prolactin 551mIU/L (normal 70-500), testosterone 1.9nmol/l (0.0-1.8), free testosterone 25pmol/L (0-34), SH binding globulin 54nmol/L (18-114), all other results normal ie , Diabetic profile normal, thyroid function tests normal, full blood count normal, renal and liver function tests normal, CRP normal. I have tried the oral contraceptive estelle for a year however it did not improve the hair growth. I also tried plucking the hairs away however they grew back very fast, within the following day. I noticed that most Asians have very little hair growth including both my parents. Do you know what else could be causing the excessive hair growth? Thanks for all your help.
Fri, 27 Jan 2012