Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

What can be the reason for a missed period when I am sure I am not pregnant ?

Haven t had my period in over 1 month (has happened before though). Age: 19 Poor nutrition Very inactive 100% NOT pregnant . What could be the issue? My bowls are very active and I have tender breasts as I usually do before my period, but nothing. I am getting a physical on Friday.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Amina
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
if you are sure of your pregnancy status the cause of missing periods Could be due to malnutrition or ovary disease. sometimes periods delay normally without any specific cause. you need not panic about it. there can be Variations in the duration of cycle once in a while.
As you are going to get an examination done soon the not worry about it and have regular food which is rich in vitamins , high-protein and have adequate water.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 13 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor