Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

What can be given to reduce a BP of a 72 yr old ?

Hi Doc. this query is regarding hypertension . What can be given to reduce a BP of 190/100 mm hg for a 72 yr old male hypertensive who is already on Diltiazem 120 mg OD, Prazosin 2.5 mg BD along with olmesartan 40 mg OD? The present BP is 190/100, medicines last given 3 hours back are Prazosin 2.5 mg along with olmesartan 40 mg. Diltiazem 120 was given 12 hrs back.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
He needs to be admitted and then only oter medicines should be given to control the hypertension and his cardiac activity needs to be monitored by ECG.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 29 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.He seems to have resistant hypertension and may need some investigation to find out why his blood pressure is not coming under control with three drugs.Please take him to a physician and as per his advise he may need 2 d echo,Doppler study of kidneys and other reports.
wishing him good health.
Answered: Mon, 29 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor