Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What can be done to shorten a period ?

My girlfriend has been on her period since tuesday of last week and shes wprried right now, we have been having sex but it was like once probably 4 days after she started then maybe like 2 or 3 times some days wednesday when she was supposed to be off, what could be the problem an what could i do to make her fel better.. and also she says her stomach hurts if that mean anything.. shes 17
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

You can ask your girlfriend to take a pregnancy test now and one more after 3 weeks. Stomach ache is usual during periods because of muscle spasm. It is advisable to have protected sex to be out of worries.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
welcome to health care magic
i think u should nt have sex in that period
its better u should contact some gynaecologist ...she will help u more
some investigations has to be done
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The heavy period your girlfriend is having is not likely to be due to having sex during the periods.The prolonged and heavy bleeding she is having can be due to the hormonl disturbance or due to some fibroid which needs to be investigated.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor