What can be done to improve focus and concentration?

Hi, I ve struggled my whole life with difficulties in being able to comprehend, understand, remember what I learned, and focus. I also, find myself having trouble sleeping. I have been in and out off college and now trying to go to school to become a LVN. I have trouble getting good grades and maintaining them. Can you give me an idea on what to do
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* As per my clinical experience, I suggest you best measures for improving focus and concentration

- Drink plenty of liquids to maintain hydration.
- Consume balanced nutritious diet with proper content of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, anti oxidants, trace elements.
- Regular basis walking in fresh air, deep breathing exercises, YOGA will support great.
- Avoid stress, anxiety and smoking, alcohol.
- Maintain to have regular sound sleep of 8 hours.

* Consult in follow up after 15 days about the progress.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.