Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

What can be done to cure my brother who is testing positive for hepatitis b after 6 months of treatment with his DNA report claiming 53,000 virus ?

Respected sir, My brother is in army & he is been +ve in hepatatis b before 8 months.He countinue his treatment for 6 months with Lamivir,Adfovir,Polybion czs & Livfit.But after complition of this treatment he remains +ve . Before a month he has given DNA test & in report it state that their are 53,000 virus. & the army DRs says that their is nothing to worry in his futur life. So i need your suggession.... Kindly post your suggession on Thanku....
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
I dot understand why he has stopped taking these medications. In our set up we continue treatment until it becomes negative. I suggest u take another opinion, sero neg cannot be predicted
Have a healthy living
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist Dr. Adarsh C K's  Response
Thanks for the query, Hepatitis B require long term treatment. There are much better medications advailble than lamivudine/ adefovir which one can use. Kindly consult a gastroenterolgist nearby.
Answered: Fri, 10 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor