Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

What can be done for this lump under my armpit which is painful ?

For awhile I ve noticed a lump under my right armpit. It didn t hurt at first but now hurts quite a b it. I went to the doctor when I first noticed it and she gave me an antibiotic and it went away for a little bit but now has come back. What could it be??
Asked On : Sat, 27 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Anesthesiologist 's  Response

swelling in the armpit may be enlargement of lymphnode which are present in axilla, thease are painfull if it is due to inflamation. undergo examination of breast to rule out tumors of breast, than to confirm diagnosis excissional biopsy can be done. consult general surgeon.

take care
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor