Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What can be done for the swelling on my foot ?

I have been swelling in my foot(both) over 3 years,i taken various tests like urea, blood ,echo,thyroid,dopler but everythinks seems to be normal..... My work is in front of computer over 8 hrs daily,that time my foot gets swell & get reduce after bed rest after long time...I tried shockings & tablet for 3 weeks but still not cure... What is the solution...
Asked On : Sun, 29 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
since u hv taken out all reports and they sem to be normal u need not worry.
try doing ankle toe movements, ie moving ur ankle up and down, inward and outward and in circular manner.
try getting up from ur place and walking around.
it might solve ur problem
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Ravishanker ji,
Thanks for query,
As your all reports are normal most probably your swelling is due to constant sitting on computer,
By sitting continuously on computer there is some temporarily stagnant of blood flow causing oedema on dependent part ie on the foot.
You do not worry,you make practice to stand up of an on and have some walking around will solve your problem .
ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 29 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor