Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

What can be done for the pain in my (60 year old) teeth ?

pain in teeths as i am 60 yrs of age teeths are .......
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  6 Views:  197
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response the age of 60 yrs, there r many factors which may lead to tooth pain.some of the common etiologies are, dental caries leading to pulpal exposure,attrited tooth,poor periodontal health,gingival inflammation,periapical pathologies,periodontal pockets.go to dentist and get iopa and opg xray done after finding out the cause he will do the necessary treatment.wish u good health
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Amit Sharma's  Response
the dental treatment in 60 yrs will be decided by treating cause of pain if your oral hygiene maintainence, bone support around tooth and number of healthy teeth remaining..
a proper clinical evaluation along with radiographs- IOPA,OPG.. is needed for this..
and if you had already lost more then half of teeth then you can go for extraction of remaining teeth also and get implant supported fixed prosthesis..
Root canal treatment is possible in your painful tooth provided you must have good bony support..

if your teeth are mobile, then first get consultation from periodontist regarding the prognosis of your tooth and treatment options to prevent them.. he will be best advisor.. follow his treatment.
then get restorative/endodontic treatment done of any remaining tooth if required..
followed by prosthesis for missing teeth..
if you have multiple missing teeth, consult prosthodontist who will replace them and will give u best smile..
in general the extraction of excessive mobile painful tooth is done first, then periodontal/gum therapy of remaining teeth, then if required RCT and restoration of any involved teeth, later on replacement of missing teeth is done to restablish the occlusion by removable / fixed partial dentures/ dental implants..
Answered: Fri, 29 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Dilip.Shah.'s  Response
Check Dentist,Blood Sugar,referd pain from Myocardial Infarction which is more important ,so Do E.C.G. also.
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Anesthesiologist Dr. Dilip.Shah.'s  Response
Check Dentist first, then do,Blood Sugar,if pain persisting with other symptom like chest pain , uneasiness,giddiness then check physician to rule out Myocardial Infarction .
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Diabetologist Dr. Namita Ghosh's  Response
May be a caries tooth or break down the enamel that covers the crown of the tooth. Apply thermoseal toothpaste and some gum paint (Gumex).If it is a badly caries tooth, may have to be extracted.SCALING MAY BE A ALTERNATE CHOICE
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Vijay S's  Response
firstly get checked with ur dentist!
Pain of ur teeth can be any of the following reasons:
1) Attrited teeth b'coz of age.
2) Decayed teeth.
3) Gum problem B'coz of food impaction b/w the teeth.
4) mobile teeth b'coz of bone resorption.

Remedies varies based on severity of ur problem:

1) Oral prophylaxis.
2) Desensitizing toothpaste.
3) Restoration of tooth.
4) Extraction.
5) Deep scaling.
6) Gum surgery.
7) Replacement of teeth at lost space.
Answered: Wed, 27 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor