Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

What can be done for my wife's behaviour towards me ?

Hi, I am 30yrs old and throughout my life i have been lonely. I have no siblings and the only child of parents. I recently got married ( 6 months ago ). Yes i was Love marriage and affair went 3 years before getting married. I was so excited to have someone that would belong to me, loved me only and would give me attention love affection ... But this never happened. My wife ( 23yrs) came from a big family ( having 6 siblings ) and throughout this time she has been missing them, preferring them and giving them more time than to me. I am so broken to feel this reality that she does not love me the way she did before. She wlays tries to make her way to her home ( 4km from my house ). And she does not even feel like missing me .. whereas i do miss her alot when she leaves me for 1-2 days. I am so much emotionally attached to her that i always want here to be in front of my eyes. But at her part she does not bother alot. I feel that why am i so much emotionally attach to her, and even if i try to dis-associate from her like avoiding her or talking less. I cant do that. But for her its a piece of cake. She stills look cheerful with her friends and siblings but never have shown true cheerness for me .... Please help me, i discussed her with all this but she said that i am being to clingy and over sensitive. Why cant she understand that i need time, good quality time with her so that i call fill up my past years gap of loneliness ... It seems i will never me able to fill up my inner space and will crave for it till death....
Asked On : Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
I can understand your feelings. After marriage your wife is not giving the much wanted attention. She is more attached to her family. The only way out of this is to go for a vacation for some days where both of you are together for some days and can understand each other better. A mutual friend of yours can enlighten your wife regarding this. Taking the help of psychotherapist will be a good idea.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Answered: Wed, 19 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
HI welcome to health care magic.see your wife spending her childhood to this age with her siblings, give her time and space to understand you .don't be overpussasive which create problem in between you.plan for shopping,watching movie,dinner,long drive.try to know her liking and disliking.there are differance in role of lover and wife,try to understand her and give respsct to her ideas and also mix with her family so automatically she express her feeling.six month is not a big time.try to more tc.
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor