Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What can be done for irregular periods and over bleeding ?

I am 42 years , irregular periods, some times over bleeding exceed 10days
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
hi welcome to healthcare magic
Latha, you must see your Gynaec, because this could be Pre-Menapausal syndrome or any hromonal change associated with anatomy of uterus.
undiagnosed blood loss may lead you to anaemia and associated problems

take care
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Latha, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Have you started putting on weight recently? Do you have any mood changes or hot flashes? You are in a stage called Perimenopausal stage of life which is a transition period where in your ovaries stop producing eggs as your body produces less estrogen and progesterone and menstruation becomes less frequent eventually stopping altogether. It causes severe hormonal imbalance and sometimes severe bleeding and sometimes less bleeding. You should be getting yourself examined by a Gynecologist to rule out if you have PCOS or Hypothyroidism as well, just to rule them out. You may require hormonal therapy, if your symptoms are severe.
Exercise and go for brisk walks for an hour daily. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and maintain a healthy weight. Avoid stress and practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation. Avoid caffeine and spicy foods, perform kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, remain sexually active.

Wish you Good Health and Take Care.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor