What can an electric shock do to our body?

I just sustained an electrical shock from a refrigerator door to the right palm of my left hand when I opened the door. It felt like a bee sting and it is red in the area but no burns. I immediately applied ice packs and I am actually typing with my left hand now. Please tell me what to do
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

When the electric current flow through the body depending on the voltage it may cause superficial skin burns, internal burns, damage to the tissues such as heart, lung and nervous system.
You are highly likely got brief electric shock from a lower voltage. It does not cause injury to any organs except mild superficial skin burns (readness).
Please, do not worry. If the skin is intact it will heal on its own and do not require medical care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you,
Malik Amonov MD