Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What can I do to stop uncontrolled urination?

I have a problem with urinary incontinence. I am currently wearing depends and a pad inside. I have had botox in my bladder twice. the first time it helped a little, the second time not so much. I leak all the time. When I have to go, I have t0 go. I am currently taking 50 mg of Myrbetric. I have been through occupational therapy. tried kegels & other exercises and tests. I have both stress and ? incontinence. I am a 61 yr old female with a lot of medical issues. Are there any new procedures in the works? Anything I have done has to be MRI friendly as I have a pacemaker. Any suggestions? Let me know if you need more information. Thank you.
Mon, 15 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

Urinary incontinence is common along with women after 50 and usually is caused by urinary infections or weakened the pelvic floor.

This is also a common and often embarrassing problem. If overreactive or incontinent bladder affects your daily activities, don't hesitate to see your doctor.

For most people, simple lifestyle changes or medical treatment can ease discomfort.

It is treated with specific medications, pelvic floor muscles exercises, electric stimulation of behavioral treatment and in most cases this is adequate for incontinence control.

If Cystitisis a cause as a bacterial infection then it must be treated with antibiotics. Surgical options are reserved for severe and intractable cases.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am female 35 years. Two days before i was urine with pain and burning. My urine was clody too. Second day pain was disappear and burning was...